For 1 tablet
- Primaquine diphosphate: 13.2 mg
Excipients q.s.f: 1 tablet
- For radical cure and the prevention of relapse of P.vivax and P.ovale malaria.
- For prevention of transmission of P.falciparum malaria, particularly in areas where there is potential for re-introduction of malaria.
- Pneumonia caused by Pneumocystis carinii (combined with clindamycin)
Accroding to the prescription of a physician or usual dose:
Primaquine diphosphate dose is usually calculated by dose of primaquine base. Primaquine can be taken with meals or with antacids to reduce stomach irritation.
The radical cure and prevention of malaria recurrence due to Plasmodium vivax and Plasmodium ovale: a course of treatment with a blood schizontocide must be given first to kill any erythrocytic parasites.
- Adults: then, patients should be taken primaquine dose equivalent to about 15 mg primaquine base daily, for 14 days, but higher dose or longer courses may be required to overcome drug resistance by some strains of P. vivax. The World Health Organisation recommended to use a 21 days treatment for malaria radical cure in Southeast Asia.
- Children: Dose of 250 microgam primaquine base/kg/day is used, for 14 days, or 390 microgam primaquine base/kg daily for 14 days.
- Excluding gametocytes of P. falciparum to prevent transmission: a single dose of 30-45 mg.
- Treatment of pneumonia caused by P. carinii: 15-30 mg primaquine base daily, for 21 days, Primaquine was often used with clindamycin intravenously at a dose of 600 mg, 4 times daily or oral 300-450 mg, 4 times daily.
- Packed in blisters of 20 tablets, box of 5 blisters, enclosed with instructions for use
- Keep in dry, ventilated place, protect from sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Shelf-life : 36 months from the manufacturing date
- Mfg. Specifications : Manufacturer’s
- Please contact us at email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to have further information.
" If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us "
Hotline: 1900 1727Consult